#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Rolls

My friend, Janie, gave me this recipe years ago and I haven't found a better roll recipe since then. The one huge difference that sets this recipe apart is that these rolls don't have to rise at all. You can let them rise, if you like, but you don't have to to have wonderful rolls. I like soft, light-in-color rolls and these don't disappoint! You can also use this recipe to make cinnamon rolls or breadbowls. This recipe makes a lot of rolls. Sometimes I make the full recipe and use half for dinner rolls and the other half for cinnamon rolls. If you don't need much, you can divide the recipe in half or make 1/3 of it - which I often do, myself. Copy this recipe down - it's one you'll want to try!

Rolls:


3 ½ cups warm water
6 tbsp yeast
¾ cup sugar
3 beaten eggs
1 tbsp salt
1 cup oil
10 ½ cups flour

In mixing bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water and sugar. Let set until foamy-10 minutes. Add eggs, oil, salt, and mix lightly. Add flour until soft dough. Let set for 5 minutes. Form into rolls. If you have the time and so desire - cover them with a light-weighted towel and let them rise for 20 minutes.Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes.

1 comment:

Gio said...

This rolls are delicious, Thanx for sharing the recipe Jill.