#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Sweet Potato Biscuits

I was already making mashed sweet potatoes one night, so I made these with them. I loved the texture with the cornmeal in them. My son called them "yellow bread" and couldn't get enough of them. To this day, he still asks me to make "yellow bread" again. There you have it - my 6 year old son thinks these are great, and I do, too! I found this recipe here.



Sweet Potato Biscuits:
2 cups flour
1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup cold butter
1 cup mashed sweet potato
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp honey

Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the sweet potato, milk, and honey just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5-8 times. Pat out to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with a floured 2 inch biscuit cutter.

Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until done. Serve warm.

  • 17 Servings

  • Prep/Total Time: 30 min

  • Nutrition Facts: 1 biscuit equals 120 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
  • No comments: