#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Monday, February 22, 2010

Cheese Soufflé

My mom made this soufflé when I was very young. To this day, the taste reminds me of my childhood. The word "soufflé" might seem a bit daunting, but it's really an easy dish to put together. The more difficult part is telling when it's cooked through. I wait until the top is puffed up really high and the edges are brown and cracked. Soufflés have a texture similar to bread pudding - very moist = very yummy!



Cheese Soufflé:


11 slices white bread
Butter, softened
3 eggs
2 cups milk
1 tsp dry mustard
Shredded cheese (I like colby with this recipe)

Butter sides of bread & cut into cubes. Spray casserole pan with pam. Alternate shredded cheese with bread cubes. Mix eggs, milk, & mustard together. Pour over cheese & bread mixture. Let set a few hours or overnight. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until done.

No comments: