#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Monday, February 22, 2010

Cheddar Biscuits

I just made this recipe for the first time last night and they were incredible! I will definitely be making this again and so should you!

Cheddar Biscuits:


1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut up
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup milk

PREHEAT oven to 450°F. Mix flour, baking powder, cream of
tartar, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry
blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir
in Cheddar cheese. Add milk; stir until mixture forms soft dough.
PLACE on lightly floured surface; knead eight to 10 times or until
smooth. Pat out dough into 6-inch square. Cut into nine squares.

Place on ungreased baking sheet.

BAKE 10 to 12 min. or until golden brown.

2 comments:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

You can throw a little italian seasoning in there and you would have Cheddar Bay Biscuits like Red Lobster.

Rebecca Clerc said...

Ha Ha, I just read Conethia's comment--that was my thought--I felt like I was at Red Lobster eating those. For an Alaskan--that is HUGE, cuz we don't have RL up here! I didn't use Italian seasoning, but I did sprinkle a little garlic salt in. They were soooo yummy.
2 for 2 on your recipe's
Thanks