#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Breakfast Casserole

I made this for Christmas morning a couple of years ago and it was a big hit. It reminds me of my cheese soufflé that I make. I like recipes that you can prepare the night before and this is one of them. :)

Breakfast Casserole:

10 eggs
2 ¼ cups milk
1 ½ tsp ground mustard
½ tsp salt
1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
2 cups cubed white bread
1 ½ cups (6oz) shredded cheese

In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, milk, mustard, and salt for 1 minute or until combined. Stir in the sausage, bread cubes and cheese. Pour into a greased 13x9 pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield 12 servings.

No comments: