- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda
- and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in
- chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Shape quarter cupfuls of dough into balls. Place in an airtight
- container, separating layers with waxed or parchment paper; cover
- and refrigerate overnight.
- To bake, place dough balls 3 in. apart on parchment paper-lined
- baking sheets. Press a shallow indentation in the center of each
- with your thumb, reshaping sides to smooth any cracks. Let stand at
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 311 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
- room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-11minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks; cool.
- Yield: 2 dozen.