Thursday, May 17, 2012

Choffy Chocolate Cupcakes with Choffy Buttercream Frosting

Today is my son's 8th birthday and he requested chocolate cupcakes. I looked for a recipe and found this one, to which I altered to make it my own. The results? Pure chocolate decadence. I have never eaten a cupcake that was so soft. Oh my. I will make these often and so should you.


Choffy Chocolate Cupcakes:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup oil
2 cups hot Choffy
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla

Mix eggs with sugar. Add in vanilla and oil. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and Choffy. Pour into muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes. This recipe made 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes for me. 

Choffy Buttercream Frosting:
1 stick butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 cups powdered sugar
1 tbsp Choffy
1 tbsp milk

Cream butter in a bowl. Add vanilla and mix well. Mix in powdered sugar, Choffy, and milk to desired consistency. If too runny, add more powdered sugar. If too stiff, add more Choffy or milk. Frost cooled cupcakes. 
Print Friendly and PDF Pin It

No comments: