#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Snickerdoodles

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: when I was young, I detested nicknames. I thought it was a way to make fun of people, so I didn't allow ANYONE to call me anything other than Jill. Then one day, a friend of my dad's called me a "SNICKERDOODLE," and you know what? It didn't bother me one bit. Perhaps it's because these cookies are so tasty. Try it and see.

Snickerdoodles:

1 cup butter or shortening
1 ½ cup sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 ¾ cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt

---------------

2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon

Mix dough together. Chill several hours or overnight. Mix the 2 tbsp sugar & cinnamon together. Roll dough into balls and roll into sugar/cinnamon mixture. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes on well greased pan.

No comments: