#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Spaghetti Bolognese

I grew up eating basic spaghetti with sauce made from a can. I liked it well enough, but my husband grew up with homemade sauce. On my quest to find a homemade sauce that both he and I enjoyed, I found this recipe here


Spaghetti Bolognese

2 tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves , crushed
2 onions , diced
1 - 2lbs ground beef or Italian sausage
1 cup beef broth
3 cans of 28oz canned crushed tomatoes
4 tbsp tomato paste
3 beef bouillon cubes , crushed
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
3 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried thyme leaves
3 dried bay leaves
2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

PASTA
1 box of spaghetti, cooked
Frozen corn, optional

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion,
and cook for 3 minutes. Add in beef or Italian sausage until cooked. Add to
the crockpot with remaining ingredients, except for cooked pasta and corn.
Cook on low for 5 hours. Add some frozen corn and stir. After one more hour,
stir in cooked pasta.

No comments: