#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Sausage Blinchiki

In my quest to try out more Russian dishes, I decided to try something I ate in Ukraine while I was adopting my twins. Sausage Blinchiki is making Russian crepes with cooked sausage and onions inside. This simple dish is very satisfying and my children quickly scarfed them down! I found the recipe herebut I altered it a bit to my liking. I believe that the difference between crepes and blinchiki is that the Russian version has more eggs in it. 

We ate them with roasted potatoes. And ketchup - because the Russians LOVE ketchup!



Sausage Blinchiki

INGREDIENTS:

Sausage Blinchiki

Ingredients for Filling

2 lb ground sausage

1-2 onions, diced

Salt

Pepper

Ingredients for Blinchiki

2 cups whole milk

4 large eggs

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1/4 tsp salt

2 tbsp powdered sugar


HOW TO PREPARE:

Saute the onions and add the ground sausage. Salt and pepper the meat to your liking.Make blinchiki: beat the milk, eggs, flour, salt, and powdered sugar together with immersion blender. Cook on greased skillet. Put some filling inside the blinchiki and wrap up. Put on greased jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with potatoes. 


No comments: