Saturday, January 11, 2014

Baked Pot Roast

I made this recipe for dinner tonight. It was a huge hit. My husband, Tyler, was highly complimentary which is HUGE, since he usually just says, "It's good," and nothing more. This is definitely going to be printed off and put into my binder. I found the recipe here. I think this recipe goes really well with the Cheddar Chive Biscuits.


This is my own picture.

Baked Pot Roast:
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-3 pounds)
1-1/2 cups water
1 envelope brown gravy mix
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 pounds medium potatoes (about 9), peeled and quartered
1 pound medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
Directions
Preheat oven to 325°. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides. In a small bowl, whisk water, gravy mix, dressing mix, soup mix, garlic powder and pepper until blended; add to pan. Bring to a boil. Bake, covered, 1-1/2 hours. *I don't have a dutch oven, so I browned the roast in a pan and then transferred it to a stoneware dish that has a lid.
Add vegetables; cook 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Skim fat if necessary. I baked this an hour more than what it called for, I just checked the roast to see if it was tender enough, if not - I returned it to the oven. I think a smaller roast (think 2lbs instead of 3lbs) would be better, as I had a good amount leftover. Yield: 8 servings.
Print Friendly and PDF Pin It

No comments: