Broccoli and Cheese Potato Soup was a HUGE hit at our home! Enjoy!
Broccoli and Cheese Potato Soup
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in broccoli; return to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Process in batches in a blender until smooth. Return to pan; heat through. Sprinkle servings with cheese and parsley. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts2-1/3 cups equals 262 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 636 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Broccoli & Cheese Potato Soup in Taste of Home February/March 2013Pin It