I made this recipe for my family and it was a huge hit. Enjoy!
Best-Ever Fried Chicken:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up (I used boneless chicken breasts)
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first five ingredients. In a separate
- shallow bowl, whisk the milk, egg and lemon juice. Coat chicken
- pieces, one at a time, with flour mixture; dip in milk mixture, then
- coat again with flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 6-10 minutes on each side or
- until chicken juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 811 calories, 57 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 47 g protein.