Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Vanilla Madeleines


I had to wait a while before I could make this delectable treats. It all started when I saw the recipe in my Martha Stewart Living magazine. I tore it out and put it in my "want to make" recipe pile. But...I realized that I need a Madeleine pan to make them. 



So, for Christmas, I asked and received the pan from my Mom. (Thanks, Mom!) I recently made the recipe and was pleased with the results - although, I wasn't quite sure what Madeleines were beforehand. My opinion is that they are little cakes and not cookies. Try them and see for yourself. I found the recipe here



Vanilla Madeleines:

The recipe is also a good base for any number of flavors. If using a nonstick pan, which heats up faster than a traditional one, go by the shorter baking time in step 4.


  • Prep Time20 minutes
  • Total Time2 hours 40 minutes
  • YieldMakes 32 (or 160 mini)


Print Friendly and PDF Pin It

No comments: