"Chinese version of barbecue done in a crockpot. A great and easy way to have some asian flavored pork for dinner. From Cooking Light magazine."
- ¼ cup GF* low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup Dynasty** Hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 lbs pork shoulder
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl; stirring with a whisk.
- Place in a large zip top bag; seal. Marinate 2 hours, turning occasionally (can skip this step).
- Place pork and marinade in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker using slotted spoon; place on cutting board or work surface and shred.
- Can thicken sauce and serve with meat.
- Serve with sticky rice and some stir fry veggies.
I found this recipe here.
GF* = Gluten Free
Dynasty** = This brand is Gluten Free