Monday, July 19, 2010

Horchata (Mexican drink)

I had horchata for the first time in Utah at a Mexican restaurant. I was in LOVE, I tell you! I found some packets of horchata mix at the store, but it just wasn't the same. I came across this recipe and it's pretty good, although, if you know a Mexican lady who can make horchata - it's probably better than my recipe, but for now? This one works and it's super tasty! :D

Photo found here.

Horchata
INGREDIENTS:
Put some rice rice in a large bowl. Add 2 cinnamon sticks and fill with water up to the top. Cover and let sit from 2 to 24 hours.

HOW TO PREPARE:
Blend in blender. Separate water from rice & cinnamon with strainer. Add 1 can of condensed milk & mix. You can add some milk or/& sugar if desired. Print Friendly and PDF Pin It

No comments: